A mini review on Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream. How it fared on my sensitive skin, its ingredients, benefits and efficiency.
This cream contains 2 ingredients that are known to effectively soothe the skin:
A herbal ingredient extracted from chamomile that is effective in calming inflammation of damaged skin tissue as well as regenerating new skin cells. In Japanese clinical trials, Guaiazulene demonstrated positive effects in sunburns, eczema, and ulcerative skin disease. It is often used as the main raw ingredient in burn ointments.
Centella Asiatica Extract :
As a plant native to Madagascar, it is also known as ‘tiger grass’ and is often used in cosmetics as ‘Centella Asiatica. It helps with the regeneration of new skin cells and prevents scarring. Centella Asiatica Extract is usually the primary ingredient in ointments.
A gentle spot treatment cream that provides comfort to rapidly calm & soothe sensitivity. Powered by nature, its star ingredients are Guaiazulene, a natural component extracted from chamomile oil, which carries powerful skin calming abilities, and Centella Asiatica, which helps hydrate and relieve redness.
Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Ceramide NP, Polysorbate 60, Bees Wax, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Morus Alba Root Extract, Triethanolamine, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Guaiazulene, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Lecithin, Acetyl Glutamine, sh-Oligopeptide-1, sh-Oligopeptide-2, sh-Polypeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-9, sh-Polypeptide-11, Bacillus/Soybean/Folic Acid Ferment Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol
1670 for 30 ml 🙁
- A refreshing, soothing cream that definitely suits all skin types especially oily skin
- The Blue Cream is made for calming rather than moisturising, to rapidly soothe the skin
- Soothes and calms redness caused by pimples and acne
- Helps regeneration in damaged skin and prevents scarring
- Can be used when experiencing irritation & heat flashes after sun exposure
- It is good after pore care, intense laser treatment, long term sun exposure, post shaving
Ingredient Analysis Report
Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream has Shea butter and stearic acid which may not good for oily, acne prone skin. 🙁
How to use
As the last step of your skincare routine, apply a small amount where necessary on areas of sensitivity or irritation. Lightly tap the cream into the skin for better absorption.
- Those with oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin to soothe redness and calm sensitivity from sun exposure.
- Those in need of a spot treatment for irritated skin
Skin type – Normal Sensitive
Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream is a spot treatment cream that you can reach for in case of skin sensitivity. It is not really a daily moisturiser.
I would say it is more of a skin repair cream or healing balm that is perfect for redness, itching, inflammations and pimples. It may not directly reduce acne but the herbal ingredient extracted from chamomile helps cell regeneration. This in turn reduces acne scars, marks and spots.
The Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream is blue in colour. It has a slightly thicker consistency compared to the soothing cream and Vitamin E sleeping mask. The midnight blue calming cream is suited for those with sensitive skin.
- Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream has Shea butter and Stearic acid (Comedogenic rating 3) which may not suit oily, acne prone skin.
The Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream get absorbed really fast and does not make my skin oily. It just leaves my skin soft and calm. There was no irritation or allergy when i used this. It hydrates the skin properly. It can be used along with other products for a 10 step Korean skin care routine.
However, the price is really high compared to the ingredients. 1670 for 30 ml does not seem like a budget option especially when you want to follow a 10 step skin care routine. 🙁
Will i buy it?
No, It does soothe the skin. But my caladryl lotion and Aloe Vera gel does the same. These always work and the cost is negligible compared to the Klairs midnight blue calming cream.
You may also go for light weight moisturisers that have ceramides in them which help repair the skin barrier.
- Wake up to soft and calm skin
- Soothes inflamed skin
- Non sticky
- Calms redness and itching
- Light weight
- Good for sun burns
- Even tones the skin
- Tightens pores
- Repairs skin barrier
- Moisturises well
- No greasy effect
- Easily absorbed
- Scent is pleasant
- Paraben free
- Good for post treatment, shaving, threading and waxing
- Price is high and size is too small
- Hydration may not be enough for dry skin. (It is a spot treatment cream and not a full face daily moisturiser and hence i cannot hold it against them.)