Being someone with sensitive skin, i struggle with to find skincare products that suit my skin. Even though some of them are hypo allergic, they tend to make my skin dull. Today i am back with a review of Aveeno Positively Mineral Face Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin.
This sunscreen has zinc oxide and oats both of which are certainly good for healing and soothing the skin. 🙂
Aveeno Positively Mineral Face Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin has a mineral-based formula with broad spectrum SPF 50 combines naturally-sourced zinc oxide, nourishing oat and Vitamin E to protect your sensitive skin.
Wear it under makeup or alone as a daily defence against UVA/UVB rays.
- 88 ml tube of Aveeno Positively Mineral Sensitive Skin Face Sunscreen SPF 50
- Designed to be gentle enough for sensitive face skin and eye areas
- Infused with naturally-sourced 100% zinc oxide active ingredient, vitamin E, and nourishing oat
- TSA-friendly travel size for on-the-go sun protection
- Lightweight mineral formula dries sheer with a matte finish to layer under makeup
- Fragrance-, paraben-, phthalate-, and dye-free; non-comedogenic 🙂
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologist recommended, broad-spectrum SPF 50 sun protection
- Protect sensitive skin every day with this Sunscreen for face
- Specifically designed for sensitive skin
- Sweat-resistant and water-resistant for up to 80 minutes
Zinc Oxide 21.6%
As you can see below, Aveeno Positively Mineral Face Sunscreen does not contain pore clogging ingredients. It is suitable for all skin types.
As it gives a matte finish, It may be drying for those with dry skin.
Moisturise to prevent accentuating the dry patches on your skin.
The colour is pure white as you can see below.
Texture And Consistency
Thick, creamy and is opaque. It does not run at all.
The texture is similar to Lakme Ultra Matte Sunscreen SPF 50
The smell is kind of weird like the Z-Block Mineral Sunscreen. 🙁 Maybe it is a metallic smell, i am not too sure. But it is fragrance free and the weird smell goes away in a minute or two.
How to Use Aveeno Positively Mineral Face Sunscreen
Apply generously and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
Skin Type – Normal Sensitive
Aveeno Positively Mineral Face Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin comes in a tube packaging which makes it travel friendly.I asked my brother to buy this for me when he went abroad. It cost me somewhere around 8-9 dollars. I really wanted a mineral sunscreen from a good brand.
They do have a variety of products for sensitive skin like, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Coming to this product, The sunscreen itself is quite thick which makes it difficult to blend. You have to spend 5 minutes in blending the sunscreen. 🙁 Once blended, it makes my face look ghostly white. But the white cast does fades away after 3-5 minutes.
You can see the white cast in both these photos. But just leave it for 5 minutes and the white cast goes away. I am not sure whether the white cast would fade away for all skin tones.
Note that i am not even of a fair skin tone. But somehow it worked for me.
After 4-5 Minutes 🙂
However the white cast does not fade completely on my face. 🙁 This may be because of the fact that i do not rub it in. Though it is not visible when i layer with BB cream or foundation.
As i have sensitive skin, i usually pat the product in and mildly massage until the sunscreen sinks in.
Massaging vigorously makes my skin red and raw which is uncomfortable. In short, this aveeno mineral sunscreen may blend better on your skin and the white cast may fade completely. The result may vary.
It would not suit darker skin tones at all. I do not think the white cast would fade completely on darker skin tones. 🙁
The sunscreen is quite thick but it does settle to a complete matte.
It also does not come off with sweat or even when you wash your face with water. I like that it is water resistant as i sweat a lot, my face becomes red and dull whenever i go out in the sun.
You need to use a cleanser or face wash to get it off completely. Make sure to cleanse thoroughly else it may clog pores and cause breakouts.
Does Aveeno Mineral Sunscreen Prevent Sun Tan And Sun Burn?
It did work for me, But i never went out between 11 am – 3 pm. I did not get tanned or red/dull which always happens.
Even when i go out, i cover up as much as i can. Being stuck in traffic while on a scooty is one of those scenarios where your hands get super tanned. Use long hand gloves in such cases to prevent sun damage.
- Does not clog pores (Non Comedogenic)
- Broad spectrum sunscreen with an spf of 50+++
- Mineral sunscreen hence less chemicals
- Chemicals do not get absorbed in to the body
- Protects against the harmful rays of the sun.
- Contains oats extract and Vitamin E
- Soothe and calms sensitive skin
- White cast fades in 5-10 minutes
- Matte finish
- sweat and water resistant for 80 minutes
- Can be layered with makeup
- Fragrance free
- Paraben free
- Thicker than most sunscreens
- Difficult to spread and blend
- Does not suit darker skin tones
- Leaves a light white cast on my face
- Cleanse thoroughly else may cause breakouts
I will be back with another review.
Hope you guys have a good weekend. 🙂
If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.