Today we are going to look a number of face serum that are available in the market. From all the products, Which one works better at giving results. I have compiled the best face serum for skin brightening, Skin lightening and pigmentation problems.
These are the absolute best face serum’s right now that are available here.
Why DO I Say So?
As your read on, You can see the ingredient analysis i have done for each product. This will help your choose the best face serum that suits your skin.
A few well known products do not have their ingredient list available, Hence i could not include it in this post. I certainly wound not recommend such products to my viewers.
We do not know for sure what ingredients they use for fast results. Due to the same reason i do not trust such brands.
What Is A face Serum ?
First of all, A face serum is usually light weight and easily absorbed while being rich with potent ingredients for skin nourishment and overall hydration.
Another reason that a face serum has a long list of chemical ingredients compared to a face cream.
Do Not Fret, They Are Perfectly Safe For Your Skin. 🙂
What Does A face Serum Do To Your face?
The serum molecules are of smaller size compared to other creams. This more likely enables them to penetrate deeper in to the layers of the skin.
Depending on the ingredients,A facial Serum may help to reduce pore size, Diminish Lines and Wrinkles, Brighten your skin.
And hence on consistent usage, a face serum helps achieve a clear and even skin tone with smooth texture. 🙂
Also, A face serum usually has a concentration of 5-20% of potent ingredients may it be antioxidants like Vitamin C or anti aging ingredients like Retinol. These ingredients are most certainly considered the miracle ingredients in anti aging skin care.
How Do We Use A face Serum?
A face Serum can be applied twice a day after cleansing and toning. You can apply the same serum for both routine or a different one depending upon the needs of your skin.
Make sure to use Retinol based face serum during the night only.
Take a pump of facial serum and dot your face. Go with dotting on your Forehead, Nose, Cheeks and finally the chin. Pat gently so that the serum gets absorbed easily.
- Cleanser-Toner-Serum-Moisturiser-Sunscreen-Makeup If using any.
This is the order of using skin care products.
- Double Cleanse at night if you are using makeup.
What Are The benefits Of using A face Serum?
Based On The Ingredients, They May Provide The Below benefits
- Acne Prevention
- Non Oily hence Matte Effect
- Water Based hence less breakouts
- Fade Marks And Dark Spots
- Supply Vitamins, Minerals And Peptides
- Reduce Fine Lines And Wrinkles
- Even Out Your Skin
- Treat Pigmentation
- Brighten Skin Tone
Why Is A face Serum Expensive?
A face serum contains no fillers and therefore has a concentrated 10-20% potent ingredients. Some face serum even has up to 70% potent ingredients. As a result, They consequently produce results over time.
The face serum molecules are smaller than that of any other skincare product and hence they penetrate deeper. Therefore, They provide better results too compared to cream based products.
Above all, most potent anti oxidant are unstable compounds. Making them stable is a difficult process.
What Are The Side Effects of Using A face Serum?
If you overuse any face serum, You may face irritation, redness, Rashes, Itching Skin. You may end up damaging your skin.
Better use as per direction. Stop using if your skin is irritated and let the irritation subside and heal. May be then you can start over.
Do we need both Serum And A Moisturiser?
A face serum is usually light weight and watery/Thinner in texture. They do not contain water sealing ingredients added to them and hence they do not really help much in sealing the moisture content of your skin.
A moisturiser on the other hand is much heavier and creamy. The ingredients in a moisturiser helps lock moisture and hydrates your skin. That is probably a moisturiser’s primary purpose.
1.The face Shop White Seed Brightening Serum
This smooth, brightening serum effectively penetrates into skin, giving it a boost of radiance and brightness.
The compound of brightening ingredients: White Lupin Seed, which contains a natural brightening substance, and White Daisy Flower extract, which therefor helps reducing dullness, makes the skin look bright and clear.
- Not oily at all
- It Can be used in summers and winters
- Leaves your skin soft
- No breakouts
- Suits all skin types except acne prone skin
- Consistent use improves skin tone and texture
Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning, Perfuming, Emollient, Fragrance)
Probably not a good idea for oily acne prone skin to use this serum.
Bad for Oily Skin And Fungal Acne
Comedogenic Rating (4) 🙁 🙁
2.Clinique Fresh Pressed 7-Day System With Pure Vitamin C
What It Is
Recapture younger-looking skin with the de-aging power of fresh, potent Vitamin C.
Refresh and renew with this 7-day de-aging system containing:
7 single-use packettes of Renewing Powder Cleanser with Pure Vitamin C, and
One 7-day vial of Daily Booster with Pure Vitamin C 10%
What It Does
This simple, two-step system contains pure Vitamin C, one of the most powerful de-aging vitamins. From the first application, experience brighter, more radiant skin.
With continued use, see transformative de-aging results: skin that’s noticeably firmer, more even-toned, smoother, with visibly diminished lines and wrinkles and a radiant, youthful glow.
Great To Know
Fresh means powerful. Pure Vitamin C naturally degrades when exposed to oxygen, so it’s most powerful when fresh. Hence Stay-fresh packaging isolates the pure Vitamin C until activation, maintaining its freshness and full power for maximum results.
- No parabens.
- Does Not Contain phthalates Either.
- No fragrance.
Just happy skin.
- Brightens your skin tone over time
- Makes your skin even toned
- Improves skin texture
- Controls oil production
- Fades Marks and spots
Nothing, But remember there may be a tingling sensation that goes away soon.
3.Innisfree White Tone Up Essence
What it is
A white toning essence containing 5 active ingredients extracted from pure berries
1. Pure berry extract
Pure berry extract, a great source of vitamin C, rather brightens up the skin tone.
2. Paper mulberry and licorice root extract
Paper mulberry and licorice root extract rejuvenate and similarly brighten skin while building a strong protective layer over the skin.
Certainly Free from:
Parabens, synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, artificial fragrances, imidazolidinyl urea
- Clears your Skin
- Brightens and Evens out your skin
- May not suit Acne prone skin
4.Olay Total Effects 7 In One Anti-Ageing Smoothing Serum
Total Effects 7-in-1 anti-ageing Serum is a fast-absorbing and non-greasy serum by Olay that delivers the highest concentration of VitaNiacin and intense Olay moisture to provide 7 anti-ageing benefits in 1.
It provides skin with a well balanced formulation that helps skin to stay looking young. Featuring a lightweight texture, this serum promotes easy absorption and deeper penetration of actives, highly beneficial for the skin.
Helps fight 7 signs of aging:
- Visibly reduces dark spots
- Gives firm-looking skin
- Radiant, glowing skin
- Visibly reduces lines & wrinkles
- Gives soft & smooth skin
- Gives even skin tone
- Visibly reduces pore size
- Non Oily
- Light Weight
- Easily absorbed
- Does not Break you out
- Brightens skin
- Calms your Skin
- Good for antiaging beginner routine
- Slow Improvement
5.Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
Designed with naturally effective ingredients that are safe and non-irritating, the Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop energizes and rejuvenates your skin with the power of pure Vitamin C!
Containing key ingredients directly from nature and concentrated pure Vitamin C, this innovative multi-solution, non-irritating formula revitalizes, maintains, and transforms your skin!
No need to stress over dull skin tone and enlarged pores anymore.
It contains Vitamin C at a concentration of 5% — Although gentle enough for those with sensitive skin to use without irritation but rather strong enough to even out skin tone, tighten pores, brighten skin, and fade pigmentation. Studies show that anything from 1% to 20% Vitamin C is effective. When using vitamin serums, it does not necessarily mean the higher the concentration, the more effective the results.
- Multi-solution serum that transforms and rejuvenates skin
- Features 5% Vitamin C
- Total Anti-aging protection
- Fades brown spots and pigmentation
- Evens the skin tone and minimize pores
- Safe and non-irritating
Recommended to use during the day for all skin types including sensitive skin
- It Helps Brightens skin tone
- Freshens and rejuvenates skin
- Lightens marks and Spots
- Reduces further Acne Occurrence but no effect on Active Acne
- Most Suitable for Dry and combination skin
- Thick Serum
- Not suitable for sensitive skin 🙁
- It Takes Its own sweet time to show results
- Probably not a good idea to apply in the eye area
- It is Rather Heavy on the skin
6.Plum E-Luminence The Bright Mix Face Serum
Reasons to love this product:
- Certainly an Instantly absorbing, non-stick formula
- Helps restore natural glow and brightness to skin, as a result of concentrated dose of natural nourishers
- Vitamin E moisturizes and protects as an antioxidant
- Plant-derived betain for rather intense hydration
- Sesame protein helps firm up skin
- Licorice acts on pigmentation
- White willow helps fight blemishes
- Finally Chamomile and aloe soothe skin
- Further more, It is Paraben-free, mineral oil-free, paraffin-free, silicone-free, sulphate-free
- 100% vegan formula, not tested on animals
- Great for: Normal, dry, very dry skin as well as sensitive skin
Note: Certainly Not recommended for oily, acne-prone skin
- Non Oily
- Absorbs easily
- Light weight
- Moisturises your skin
- Good for skin brightening
- Does not cause skin breakouts
- Imparts glow on consistent use
- May not suit sensitive skin
- Note: Certainly Not recommended for oily, acne-prone skin by the brand itself
7.Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum
What it is: Potent serum visibly improves major signs of aging.
What it does: Use it consistently twice a day and see remarkable improvements, including a more uniform tone, refined texture, and visibly diminished lines.
- Does not contain parabens.
- And phthalates.
- No fragrance.
- Light weight and Non Oily
- Does not cause breakouts
- Improves skin texture
- Gets rid of dullness and gives a rather healthier look
- Brightens your skin
- Has a Skin tightening effect
- Provided even skin tone
- Promotes Collagen production
- Fades dark spots and pigmentation
- Ascorbyl glucoside inhibits the production of melanin thus prevents skin darkening
- Mulberry extracts also inhibits melanin productions
- Contains peptides that reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Finally, No Parabens and sulfates
- Tons of potent ingredients may be too much for sensitive skin hence may cause itching and redness
- Price 🙁 The product ingredients are so good. Anti oxidant loaded And Vegan 🙂
8.Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum
If you could see your skin 4 weeks from now, you would start tonight. Night and day this intensive serum reduces uneven skin tone with our most comprehensive technology. Instantly skin looks and feels fresh and hydrated.
- Reduces the look of dullness, uneven skin tone.
- helps reduce the look of uneven skintone with our most comprehensive correcting technology.
- Instantly skin looks and feels fresh, hydrated.
- Skin’s texture and tone improves.
The Enlighten Collection: Estée Lauder takes skintone correction to a new level. Tonight, awaken the transformation to naturally glowing, even toned skin.
HOW TO USE
Apply on clean skin AM and PM before your Enlighten Correcting Creme.
- Light weight
- Non Oily
- Gentle on even sensitive skin
- Works to fade spots and marks
- Brightens skin tone
- Gives a healthy flawless look to your skin
- Slow improvements, You will have to be patient for at least two months for results to start showing.But It works.
- Price makes it impossible for long term use. 🙁
9.Innisfree Perfect 9 Repair Serum
What it is
A complete anti-ageing serum for 9 signs of skin aging
Wrinkle care and whitening effect
This repair serum, containing 9 active ingredients from the Jeju elixir complex™, enhances your skin’s texture.
Solution for 9 signs of ageing skin
Perfect repair for dryness, wrinkles, flakiness, darkening, blemishes, enlarged pores, and reduced skin elasticity.
10.Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Ageing Micro-Sculpting Serum
This ultra lightweight formula delivers advanced anti-aging ingredients deep into skin’s surface to moisturize and regenerate your skin’s appearance. It hydrates to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in just 2 weeks and deliver firmer looking skin after just 5
Add to your skin care routine to:
- Moisturize to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Exfoliate to aid in surface cell turnover
- Hydrate to firm skin over time
- Smooth skin’s texture
- Perfect for those above 25+ age
- Provides even toned skin
- Tightens sagging skin
- Light weight and Silky texture
- Absorbs easilt
- Non Oily
- provides moisturisation
- Imparts a healthier look to your dull skin
- Brightens your skin tone
- Fades spots on consistent usage
Not Suitable Oily Acne prone skin and Sensitive skin types