This article is about my favourite go-to recipe for skin brightening and dullness. This homemade face pack can be applied everyday without any side effects. I have always used this diy face pack to remove tan and achieve an even toned skin.
Although i do use Biotique face pack to get rid of any immediate tan and dullness. I find this recipe equally effective if you use it consistently. I tried using this continuously for one month and got amazing results.
Click to read, My favorite store bought face pack review
- Please use a sunscreen of 50+++ with any kind of face packs or treatments to see results. Else there is no way you would see any change in your skin tone.
People tend to use lemon and other acidic fruits to lighten their skin but without sunscreen they just might end up with damaged skin. 🙁
All Acidic ingredients may turn our skin hypersensitive to UV rays so please use sunscreen. This is the most important and commonly neglected step to maintain an even and flawless skin. 🙂
Rice Flour Benefits:
- Provides Protection Against UV Rays and Tanning as they conatin ferulic Acid and Allaintoin.
- They Also Help Soothe Sunburn
- Consistent use of rice flour helps reduce those panda eyes
- Rice flour can be used as a exfoliator as they remove dead cells efficiently and also pulls out excess sebum.
- It Helps lighten skin tone as it has vitamins and amino acids
- Helps your skin keep its firmness and elasticity
- Lightens scars and fine lines
- Rice water helps diminish the appearance of pores
Benefits Of Banana On Skin
- Potassium moisturises your skin
- Vitamin B helps reduce free radical damage and thus prevents premature aging
- Vitamin A helps in wound healing, fade dark spots, marks and scars. Improves skin texture especially for mature skin
- Vitamin C stimulates the production of collagen and offers better oil control. It also helps reduce free radical damage.
- Vitamin E moisturises and protects your skin.
- Lectin, an antibacterial element and Zinc Both helps reduce acne
- Amino Acid helps retain skin elasticity and firmness
Now On To The Recipe,
- Rice Flour – 2 tablespoon
- Ripe Banana – 1
- Curd- 5 Tablespoon
- Honey – 1 Teaspoon
Whisk everything in a mixer grinder to a fine paste. I would say blend to a pancake batter consistency. Not too watery nor thick so that it would not drip when you apply it.
Whisking it makes sure there aren’t any chunks of banana and the smoother it is, the easier it is to apply and rinse off. Whisking makes sure that there aren’t any pieces will stick to your hair.
Other Optional Ingredients
Turmeric, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil depending on your skin type.
I do not add these ingredients as i have sensitive skin and lemon juice does more harm than good for my skin. 🙁
You can also go for milk instead of curd.
Whatever you do keep the base the same that is, Banana+Rice Flour+Honey
Alternative Option For Oily Skin:
Keep it simple.
I usually make a batch for one week and keep it in the refrigerator. I store it in a steel container. By doing this method, there was no colour change to the face pack even after a week.
- Once a week, I let it dry completely and then rub it off before washing my face. Doing this makes my skin smooth and clear as it takes off the dead skin cells.
If you have facial hair rubbing the face pack may hurt and cause redness. Although rubbing off any face pack is usually advised to get rid of facial hair.
If rubbing the dried face pack causes redness, do not do it. Just use it as a scrub and mildly massage with your ring finger and middle finger. Wash it off after 30-60 seconds of mild scrubbing.
- Do not scrub everyday just because you can. It will damage your skin.
You can also add homemade turmeric powder to get rid of facial hair. This may take longer to show results as long as the hair growth is not due to underlying hormonal problem.
Once it is partially dry, wash your face and pat dry. I apply this face pack in the morning and continue with my work. Hence it takes time to dry. I usually wash my face after 45 minutes.
- Do not let any face pack dry completely until your skin feels stretchy.
This face pack pack has always worked for me and I end up making batches every week. It makes your skin soft and radiant.
All throughout the month i kept the face pack for about 45 minutes to an hour. It is fairly thick in consistency so it doesn’t dry quickly.
Update on 20/10/2018:
Just for trial i washed the face pack off after 20 minutes. I did this for about a week. And i really couldn’t find much difference to my skin. The end results were totally different. So i think leaving it on for at least 45 minutes gives better results. 🙂
My One Month Experience
- Removes Tan
- Brightens your skin
- Moisturises and softens my skin
- Repairs skin damage
- Soothes sun burn
- Exfoliates my skin properly
- Hydrates and heals dry patches
- Improves Skin Texture
- My tiny fine line under my eye is less visible. I wasn’t expecting that. 🙂
Every week i ended up using different types of bananas and that is totally okay.
I applied the face pack on my lips too for my lip pigmentation. I guess there isn’t much visible difference as my family has not yet commented anything positive.