A mini review of the Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil, assessing benefits, ingredients, sensitivity and efficacy on sensitive skin.
Those who have concerns with dry patches and/or blackheads
Those who have concerns with excessive sebum production
Composed of various oils, the Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil is the best first step cleanser to maintain the skin’s moisture while effectively removing dirt, makeup, and impurities without any irritation due to its easily washable texture.
The cleansing oil is formulated with natural oils such as black sesame oil which contains powerful antioxidants and black currant seed oil which contains minerals and vitamins. It is made with simple ingredients, making it the best hypoallergenic formula for sensitive skin
Black Bean controls sebum production, increases the skin’s elasticity, and provides a soothing effect.
Sesame Oil prevents dehydration and skin aging while providing powerful effects from antioxidant through various useful components such as Beta-carotene, Rinolenic acid, Sesamin, Sesaminol and Tocopherol.
Black Currant Seed Oil strengthens the skin’s protective layer to prevent the evaporation of moisture from the skin. It promotes skin cell regeneration and provides antioxidant effects by containing various minerals.
Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed , Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate , Isopropyl Myristate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Glycine Soja , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) , Tocopheryl Acetate , PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate , Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Carapa Guaianensis
- Isopropyl Myristate – Bad for Oily Skin, Fungal Acne Trigger, comedogenic rating 5 🙁
- Soybean Oil- Bad for Oily Skin, Fungal Acne Trigger, comedogenic rating 3
- Sesame Seed Oil- Bad for Oily Skin, Fungal Acne Trigger, comedogenic rating 3
- Shea Butter- Bad for Oily Skin, Fungal Acne Trigger
- Andiroba Seed Oil- Fungal Acne Trigger
- Cranberry Seed Oil – Fungal Acne Trigger
How to use
- Take an adequate amount of Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil onto the palms of dry hands.
- Gently massage over dry face in order of forehead, nose and cheeks. Massage for 2-3 minutes.
- After massaging, do not wipe off with tissue but rinse off with lukewarm water for 2~3 times. This is important. 🙂
Skin Type – Normal Sensitive
Usually i use coconut oil or olive oil to remove makeup and mascara. But i got this trial size sachet when i bought klairs trail kit. I wanted to give this brand a try before buying the real thing. The klairs brand is kind of on the higher price so i could not afford to waste money.
You have to apply this to dry skin and massage. This klairs deep cleansing oil does mildly make my eyes sting which i do not like. But it may be because of my sensitive skin.
Klairs deep cleansing oil is lighter than coconut oil or even olive oil. It spreads easily and hence is easy to massage without any discomfort. The cleansing oil melts the makeup completely and helps deep clean the pores. This prevents clogging of the pores and leaves the skin ready for serum, lotion and creams.
Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil, Buy Now
When used to cleanse the face without makeup or light makeup, Most of the oil and makeup comes off when splashed with lukewarm water.
I do not double cleanse in the morning. Just use this cleanser, massage it for 2 minutes and rinse off 2-3 times with lukewarm water. This cleansing oil leaves the skin soft and hydrated. Even after double cleansing with a water based face wash, it does not leave my skin dry or stretchy.
This deep cleansing oil has a consistency similar to other oil cleansers with a heavenly scent. But unfortunately it does not help remove all of the heavy makeup. Although it does liquefy most of it. It leaves a white cast which is confusing as to whether the white cast is foundation or emulsified oil. Hence this Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil may not be suitable for people who wear heavy makeup.
- Not a heavy oil
- Hydrates the skin
- Contains antioxidants
- No discomfort
- No greasiness after rinsing 2-3 times
- Soothes redness
- Controls sebum production
- Does not clog pores
- Perfect for double cleansing method
- Pleasant scent
- Removes makeup
- Cleanses the skin properly
- No breakouts or irritation
- Suits my sensitive skin
- Reduces whiteheads
- May not suit acne prone skin because of comedogenic ingredients
- May leave a white cast while removing heavy makeup.
- Double cleansing required in case of removing heavy makeup and water proof mascara
Will I Recommend Klairs Gentle Deep Cleansing Oil?
Yes, This cleansing oil is perfect for those who can tolerate essential oils.