How can you include curd face pack to your skin care regimen? Curd has amazing ingredients that are beneficial when ingested or applied externally.
Why Should We Use Curd?
- Exfoliates your skin with lactic acid which helps slug the dead skin cells revealing younger looking skin
- Natural bleaching agent helps lighten skin
- Mild astringent helps prevent black heads and pimples
- Alpha hydroxy acids helps to control excess sebum and hence prevents acne
- Anti bacterial and anti fungal hence treats and prevents pimples
- Renew your skin and improve complexion with probiotics and vitamin D
- Calcium helps lock moisture and prevents dehydration
- Reduces lines and wrinkles with Zinc as it increases cell turn over rate
- Moisturises your skin with Vitamin B and proteins
- Promotes collagen production because of the presence of vitamin B2,B5,B12
Isn’t that amazing? 🙂
If you do not have time just slather plain curd. It will rejuvenate your skin giving it a heathy glow. Over time, you will see improvements in your skin tone and texture. It is perfect for a budget anti aging skincare routine.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Curd On Our Skin?
- Detoxifies your skin
- Prevents premature signs of aging
- Zinc in curd helps soothe sunburn
- Sour curd treats acne 🙂
- Evens out your skin
- Tightens pores
- Removes sun tan
- Maintains elasticity of your skin
- Reduces dark circles
- Exfoliates dead skin cells and debris
- Massaging with curd supplies nutrients to the skin making it glow
- Brightens and lightens skin tone
- Reduces blemishes and scars
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
Can We Use Curd Everyday?
Yes, curd is just perfect for all skin types. Consistent usage of curd makes your skin glowing, clear and healthy.
- In case you are using lemon juice in your face pack, keep it for less than 10 minutes.
Although you can use lemon juice face pack daily, it may make your skin more sensitive over time. Hence do not skip using sunscreen so as to prevent further damage.
If possible, use homemade curd. Recipe at the end of the article. 🙂
I am not sure about the quality of store bought packets. I have used that on my hair during my college and PG stays but never on my face. So i do not know how the store bought curd would fare on different skin types. 🙁
Curd Scrub Recipe
- Coffee Powder – 2 tsp
Curd -1 Tbsp
- Orange peel powder -1 Tablespoon
Curd- 2 Tablespoon
Curd Face pack For Oily Skin
This face pack is perfect for removing sun tan.
Gram Flour -1 tablespoon
Curd to mix
Wild Turmeric- a pinch
Lemon -1 teaspoon
If you want to use this face pack everyday please skip lemon juice.
- Lemon juice if used daily may damage the top most layer of your skin eventually leading to sensitive skin and pigmentation. 🙁
Best ingredients to use with curd for oily skin:
Curd Face Pack For Acne Prone Skin
Magnesium chloride in fullers earth prevents clogging of pores and hence reduces acne and black heads. It also exfoliates dead skin cells.
Multani Mitti -1 TB
Lemon juice -1 tsp
Curd as required
- Use sour curd
- Do not use more than twice week to prevent drying out your skin.
Curd Face Pack For dry skin
This pack also helps lighten skin tone and remove blemishes. Over time it improves skin texture and pigmentation.
Rice flour-1 tablespoon
Honey -1 teaspoon
Lemon juice -1 teaspoon
Curd to mix together
I recommend the below oats face pack for dry skin too. This face pack moisturises and softens your skin. It helps exfoliate dead skin.
Curd Face Pack For Sensitive Skin
Cooked oats-1 tablespoon
Curd to mix
- Anti oxidant rich
- Soothes sunburn
- Moisturises and helps heal faster
- Reduces any inflammation and itching
- Calms and heals flaky skin, eczema
Curd Face Pack For Mature Skin
Massage your skin with,
Curd -1 tablespoon
Olive oil -1 teaspoon
Wash off after 30 minutes only.
Read Curd Hair Pack With Biotique
How To Make Curd At Home?
- Milk- 1L
- Curd-1 tablespoon
Boil one litre of milk. Let it cool down. Add one tablespoon of curd to it and stir. Remember not to add more than 1TB of curd. Let it sit for 6-12 hours depending upon the climate. This recipe will give you thick set curd.
If it is summer, it may take only 6 hours to make curd. While in winters you may have to let it sit for 10-12 hours.
Once it is done you can refrigerate the curd for later use.
Hope this helps.
Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help. 🙂
Have A Good Day !