Here is a nourishing face pack that helps hydrate, exfoliate and brighten dull skin. This banana and honey face pack has anti ageing and skin lightening benefits while also soothing the skin. These ingredients help protect the skin and reverse sun damage.
Use this face mask three times a week and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
All recipes on PB are tried and tested on my normal sensitive skin before recommending on the blog.
I have posted a video on how to make this face mask. Hope it helps you get a better idea. 🙂
- Rice floor – 1 Tablespoon
- Honey – 1 Teaspoon
- Milk – 1 Tablespoon
- Ripe Banana – Half of a big one or a small one
- Cooked oats – 1 tablespoon (Optional)
Oats is most suited for those with sensitive skin/mature skin/Dry skin/Irritated skin with redness.
As i have sensitive skin, i generally include oats in my recipes. You can skip it. The face pack still provides brightening and moisturising effects even without adding oats to it.
You may substitute milk with curd/yogurt too.
Mash the banana and add all the ingredients and mix. You can also blend it to get rid of chunky pieces.
Store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Benefits Of Banana On Skin
- Potassium certainly helps to moisturise your skin
- Vitamin B in bananas neutralises free radicals and thus prevents premature signs of ageing
- Vitamin A helps in wound healing, lighten marks and scars, fade dark spots.
- Improves skin texture
- Vitamin C promotes the production of collagen. It also helps reduce free radical damage and in controlling sebum production
- Vitamin E does help in moisturising and protecting your skin
- Lectin and Zinc helps reduce acne
- Amino Acid in rice flour helps retain skin elasticity and firmness
Rice Flour Benefits
- Contain ferulic Acid and Allaintoin in them
- They protect the skin from sun damage
- Does soothe sun burned skin
- Works to reduce dark circles
- Removes excess oil from the skin
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
- Does lighten skin
- Helps maintain Tightness and elasticity of the skin and keep it looking younger
- Works to lighten blemishes
- Minimises the appearance of open pores
Why Add Oatmeal To This face Mask?
- Anti inflammatory
- Cleanses the skin gently
- Helps moisturise even dry skin
- Lightens blemishes
- Repairs the skin barrier
- Provides various anti ageing benefits
- Neutralises free radicals and prevents DNA damage
- Prevents sun damage
- Gently exfoliate dead skin cells
- Soothes the skin
- Calms irritated skin
- Reverses oxidative stress
- Nourish the skin
- Relieves itching and redness
- Prevents and Treats acne
- Absorbs sebum
- Contains antioxidants
- Soothes symptoms of skin problems like psoriasis and atopic dermatitis
- Helps to Improve skin texture
- Hydrates dry skin and patches
Try this banana and honey face pack for as long as you wish or until you get the desired results. It does suit all skin types.
Let me know how it goes for you in the comments.
Have A Nice Day. 🙂